Saturday, April 24, 2010

How do I block YouTube.com in my IE browser, to keep myself from wasting time?

I tried the restricted sites dialog in Security under Tools menu in IE, but this just gave me the activex warning when I go to youtube. I want IE to completely keep me from getting through to the web site. How can I do this?



How do I block YouTube.com in my IE browser, to keep myself from wasting time?windows explorer





Edit your "hosts" file:



if on XP: c:\windows\system32\drivers\et c\hosts (no space between the t and c)



Add the line:



127.0.0.1 www.youtube.com



Save and close the file.



Try going to Youtube.



How do I block YouTube.com in my IE browser, to keep myself from wasting time?microsoft zune internet explorer



I suppose you can just edit the HOSTS file in c:/WINDOWS/system32/drivers/etc/ and add



http://www.youtube.com 127.0.0.1

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan