Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Computer Can Not Launch IE or Mozilla Only Skype?

Hello Everyone,



Can anyone help me out. I am connected to a LAN through my laptop. I suddenly lost the ability to connect to any website no matter the browser I use. My Windows Media Player, Mozilla FireFox and IE can no longer work. Infact on my taskbar, only skype works.



So am wondering why and how I can log into skype but fail in anyother web activity.



I have pinged my DNS and everything is ok except for slow connectivity. I have restored to no avail. But when I plug in the LAN cable into another laptop, I get connected and I browse



So what could be the problem and what should I do.



Thanks



My Computer Can Not Launch IE or Mozilla Only Skype?microsoft support





First of all check you don't have 300 instances of your browsers trying to start up. Alt+Ctrl+Del and check it out.



Can you try accessing the browsers through another computer on the network?



My Computer Can Not Launch IE or Mozilla Only Skype?windows live mail internet explorer



OMG TRUST ME, YOU DO NOT WANT IE... BAD IDEA!!! YAHOO AND IE AINT WORTH A CRAP TOGETHER!!!!
Pirated or Original?



Pirated



-This may happen when you bought the ciplak(bad quality)Window XP



-Maybe you unpropely shutdown cause it cannot run



-Way to repair:1.Reinstalled the IE and Mozzila



2.Reinstall your Window XP



Original



-Maybe you unpropely shutdown cause it cannot run



-Way to repair:2.Reinstall your Window XP
Well, you've narrowed it down to your computer...



My first thought is a virus / spyware / malware of some sort, and scanning may pick it up. It's hard to say because your definitions are probably out of date, and some viruses, etc actually mess with the anti-virus / anti-spyware / etc programs.



My second thought is that your firewall may have had some settings changed, and is silently blocking your computer on a few different ports.



My third consideration was that someone's doing a denial of service attack on your computer, and is clogging the ports that are used by browsers, etc.



Check the above settings in safe mode, etc.



Go onto a different laptop and burn an Ubuntu disk. Booting into Ubuntu (it loads into your ram, doesn't touch your computer) will show if it's a hardware problem. If you can use Firefox straight off the disk, you know it's a software issue in XP.



http://ubuntu.com/



Ubuntu saved my butt when I had a few things due online and XP decided to play freeze-tag with itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan