Saturday, April 24, 2010

I have WIN Vista with IE? Would i do better using Firefox, and if so which version do I download?

Do I have to delete IE or what? What do I do to make the Firefox download my default browser. I use Google to look up everything, so I really don't know what an Internet browser is or does. If I switch, can I easily switch back. Please, keep answers in simple terms.



I have WIN Vista with IE? Would i do better using Firefox, and if so which version do I download?microsoft windows xp





Yes Firefox or Opera are better than IE.



http://www.t3technet.com/ie.html



A browser is simply the software used to interface with web servers on the internet, just like most other software it only depends on which one you use and you can have several.



I pretty much use Opera, I've gotten to used to just typing a g followed by my google search term in the URL bar for a google search. Very nifty default feature.



I have WIN Vista with IE? Would i do better using Firefox, and if so which version do I download?ie 7 internet explorer



When you start Firefox and it isn't your default viewer, it will ask you if you want it to be the default. When you select Yes, the next time you start IE it will ask you also; so you can switch back and forth easily.
go with firefox, handsdown. it's way better, just get the latest version. you can keep both at the same time. and you don't need to "switch" back. you can use both simoltaneously. an internet browser is a program that lets you view web pages.
I use IE7. (on xp) I have firefox but I don't like it! Just if you want firefox get the latest version!
99% of the web content in the world is written to be compatible with IE. While Firefox might have some appeal (especially to Microsoft haters), it has shown to be incompatible with any number of web sites. Stick with IE.
Go to http://www.mozilla.com/firefox



Then, click the button that says "Download Firefox Free 2.0.0.9 for Windows, English".



Firefox is much better than IE because it has loads more security features and customization in the Tools%26gt;Internet Options.



You don't have to delete IE, Firefox is just another program that lets you browse the internet, hence the term "browser." To set it as your default, there will be an option in the Tools%26gt;Internet Options menu somewhere.



Your operating system (Windows Vista in your case) has nothing to do with how you browse the internet. Google is not a browser, all it is is a search engine that finds keywords that you input in the websites that it has listed and displays the results for you.



Once you start using Firefox, you won't want to go back to Internet Explorer. There are so many features that Firefox has that IE doesn't.
Firefox is more secure than IE 7 you can also set it up to delete all cookie, history and your private data, on logging off the internet..



you do not have to un-install IE just set firefox to be your default web browser, then if you need to use IE click onto the IE icon to use ie...
IE7 now has most of the Firefox tricks. Tabs along the top to have multiple web pages open at once etc.



What Firefox has that IE doesn't is an active community of add on writers. These kind souls develop tools to let Firefox do extra things. There are a wealth of security and usability extensions that make Firefox a browser you can tune to your liking. If you are not a geek this may not appeal but I am and it's the main reason I run Firefox.



When you first run Firefox it will ask if you want to make it the default browser. Say yes to give it a try.



You shouldn't uninstall IE. In fact I don't think you can as Windows uses it for more than just internet access.



Also some websites won't run under Firefox. This was true for some banking sites although this is less the case now.



If you decide you prefer IE, fire it up, it will know it isn't the default browser and you'll be asked to make it so.



Say yes and you're back to where you started.



You can download the latest Firefox at the link below.
Press START. On the left side of the screen you will see Default Programs. You make your selection there. However, it won't work. For some reason, Vista refuses to permit it to be the default.



I use only Firefox because it screens out most spyware while IE seems to attract the nasty bits that can slow down the performance of your system.



I own MacroExpress and have created a macro to fetch Firefox.



What I get is "Microsoft Can't Find Firefox... Since Firefox is a competitor to IE, all I can think of is that Microsot has done that deliberately. Shame on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan