Saturday, April 24, 2010

VirginMedia DNS problem with Yahoo? IE Page cannot be displayed error in yahoo answers...?

Hello just a quick survey...



Quite a lot of people are experiencing the problem when accessing yahoo answers IE pops up and states "The Internet Site you requested could not be displaye *SITE URL* Operation Cancelled"



Well i have tried all these to rectify the problem:



Deleted all temporary files/cookies/cache the lot!.



Reset all Internet Explorers settings



Reinstalled Java (as the new version is causing a few errors with customers PCs)



Run a full system spyware and virus scan



Ran CCleaner



Uninstalled/Reinstalled Internet Explorer 7



Flushed my DNS settings



Reset my router and reconfigured it



Reset my firewall settings



Re-registered all associated DLL's in Internet Explorer



Pinged the yahoo answers site to check for packet loss



Created a 2 minute timeout rule in my registry so that Internet Explorer does not timeout until two minutes have passed without communication from the website server.



Now one question who is experiencing this problem on VirginMedia?????



VirginMedia DNS problem with Yahoo? IE Page cannot be displayed error in yahoo answers...?windows mail





I am having exactly the same problem you describe, and I am on Virgin network. It is driving me mad. Also, the 'Answers' logo in my toolbar has disappeared and changing the settings or refreshing the toolbar makes no difference. All I can say to you is that I am relieved to hear that it's not just me!! I thought maybe everyone was blocking me!! Another thing, I had a violation e-mail today, and it was for saying to someone that I agreed with their philosophy about answering questions with understanding and respect. I was so shocked, and I have e-mailed back, asking if they could check because there was nothing abusive or offending in it, in fact quite the opposite! But I got another e-mail more or less saying it MUST have violated their guidelines or policies! S now I am wondering if that was some sort of error as well. I hope they get this sorted out soon, for your sake and mine!!



VirginMedia DNS problem with Yahoo? IE Page cannot be displayed error in yahoo answers...?microsoft maps internet explorer



your anal has been reported to yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! so its wwwhhhooo all the way........................
Not me, My VM is working great as per usual ! (ex Telewest area)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan