Sunday, November 29, 2009

I just figured out that ie stores all your passwords and personal info in a file is this legal?

i just found out that Internet explore stores all my passwords and history in a file called index.dat and their is no way to erase this data even if you tell it to delete your history and everything. I think this is ridiculous because it makes it easy for any one to get your private info from this log. i have passwords to my stock and bank account sites that i dont want any one to have. is this really legal for microsoft to do. i am pissed what can i do and what are your opinions about this. This just makes it easier for hackers and shows how insecure microsoft really is. I knew that ie was insecure the second i realized it is embeded in the os and you can uninstall it like all other apps. so tell me what your oppinions are on this and if any one knows how to disable this tell me please.



I just figured out that ie stores all your passwords and personal info in a file is this legal?microsoft excel





if microsoft created that file...you can probably be assured it is safe...but if you dont want ie to store everything...use Mozilla Firefox...in my opinion it is the best web browser on the face of the earth...and it asks you if you want to store your passwords and history...and if you dont...it wont record em...if your interested...visit



http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/



I just figured out that ie stores all your passwords and personal info in a file is this legal?microsoft updates internet explorer



It's perfectly legal because it's completely optional if you want IE to do this or not.



You can delete that data by deleting the file it's stored in, and you can turn off this option by going into Internet Options, Content, Personal Information, Autocomplete...



Microsoft is not storing this information on their database, it's stored on YOUR computer, for YOUR usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan