Friday, November 27, 2009

Several icons disappeared-volume control, IE etc?

I have in the tray an icon for windows automatic updates. I keep autamatic updates disabled, because it causes me problems. Last night after shutting down the computer, a message appeared, saying don't touch anything, windows downloads, 1 0f 250 (roughly). Next day I found many bad things as a result of this download: volume control icon disappeared and could not be added again from control pannel. IE icons diappeared from all places, but I could restore it to desktop. Windows updates icon disappeared and could not restore it, but when I could locate the program, I found that it was configured to check updated every night automaticly. I also lost 3 solitaire games, not only their icons.



There are other things also. I think the downloads made were related to service pak 2. Any help??



Several icons disappeared-volume control, IE etc?microsoft sql server





As far as the Volume, go to Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, and check in the Place Icon in System Tray box.



To get your games back, open My Computer, go to the C drive, Click WINDOWS, (while doing this, if it says you need to Show the Contents of this Folder, go ahead and click it), then open System32. All the standard games are in this folder. When you find each one, be sure to create a shortcut of them to your desktop. DO NOT MAKE A COPY OR MOVE THE FILES. Just a shortcut.



If you want to put them back on your Start Menu, open My Computer, C drive, Documents and Settings, All Users, Start Menu, Programs, Games, and drag the shortcuts on your desktop into the folder.



This should do the trick.



Several icons disappeared-volume control, IE etc?windows themes internet explorer



On my desktop, my volume control also has disappeared, im not sure why but its gone:(
try disk cleanup%26gt;disk defragfantation%26gt;then error check %26gt;system restore

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan