Friday, November 27, 2009

Why can't I connect to router thru IE?

My setup:



Netgear wireless router, two PCs, laptop



I connected this router that I had laying around and was not able to connect to it thru internet explorer. I reset it to the factor defaults and still nothing. I was getting an IP address on each PC/laptop using DHCP. I was also able to ping any of the PCs on my network and got a reply. I couldn't ping the router and couldn't connect to it thru IE on either a wired PC or my wireless laptop.



I'm pretty sure I was pinging the correct router address because I reset it to factory defaults. Also, the manual instructs the user to type in www.routerlogin.net in IE to connect to the router to make changes. Still nothing.



Why can't I connect to router thru IE?download windows media player





Look at your "defualt gateway" that is your routers IP addresse, just type that into IE and hit enter. I believe that netgear default is 192.168.2.1



Why can't I connect to router thru IE?internet explorer update internet explorer



actually the default netgear router address is http://192.168.0.1/ click on that link your router should answer
Ping your default gateway. That's your router.



What IP addresses are the PCs getting? If they begin with 169.254, your router is not giving out IP addresses.
Go to Start%26gt; Run%26gt; cmd%26gt; ipconfig /release



Exit and turn off your computer. Unplug your modem and router. Wait one minute and then plug the modem in. Wait an additional minute and plug the router in. Now turn your computer(s) on.



If this was a LAN IP problem this should resolve the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan