Friday, November 27, 2009

Since I use firefox anyway, can I unistall IE?

Probably a really dumb question-I've said it so no one else has to, thanks-but I never use IE, ever. I can't even access my school's site on it. Can I just unistall it? Is that even possible? Would that shut my computer down? I have Time Warner/Road Runner, not aol but someone told me that microsoft pre-installs IE on every computer. Thank you for your help.



Since I use firefox anyway, can I unistall IE?windows xp sp2





Yes, you can uninstall IE:



Go to control Panel %26gt; add/remove programs %26gt; Add/Remove Windows components and uncheck the box next to IE. then click OK.



That being said, it's probably not a good idea. While I too am a Firefox-only user I occasionally need IE for certain sites that use Active-X controls which are exclusive to IE (For example, many online-university oriented websites use IE plug-ins like MatLab).



Since I use firefox anyway, can I unistall IE?microsoft sql server internet explorer



I wouldn't get rid of IE, you always need more than one browser. In case something is not working, you can try using different browsers to make something work.
Don't do...Bill Gates will know..he always knows.
Do not do that, you will still need internet explorer for other reasons such as not all sites support firefox.
Microsoft says not to:



... to ensure the functionality of programs and operating system functions that rely on it.



Why do you think Bill Gates had so much difficulty with the government? :)



But it's NOT a stupid question!
I work on tons of computers, installing Firefox and educating folk.



so, I remove the desktop icon. But, just leave it there, and don't use it.
I don't know what system you have a Mac or PC, but I have a Mac and I deleted mine. I have once or twice regretted it though because sometimes it is good to have it, some websites believe it or not just work a bit better on that antique thing. The problem for Mac users is that you can't download another copy anymore, Microsoft stopped making copies for Macs. So if you have a Mac and you can ever possibly foresee and time when you could possibly want to use it, I wouldn't. and no i don't think it would mess up/ shut down your computer to uninstall it.
the thing is there are still some websites that don't work very well with firefox. so i would not recommend it.
That's actually a very good question. If you have the space, why not keep IE? While using Firefox, you may have come across a site that was not compatible with that browser. Not all are, and in those cases you'll need IE. So, I'd suggest keeping it just in case. If you do decide to uninstall, just go to %26lt;start%26gt;%26lt;control panel%26gt; and then %26lt;add/remove programs%26gt; in Windows XP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan