Wednesday, November 25, 2009

When I close My Documents IE opens.?

When I open My Documents or any other folder like that after clicking to close My Documents Internet Explorer will open. This is very annoying! FYI I am using the latest version of IE version 7. I have also uninstalled and then reinstalled it, I am using Windows XP Home Edition. Please help this is driving me crazy!!



When I close My Documents IE opens.?ies





Hi,



I had this same problem.



Even though you say you have uninstalled internet explorer and reinstalled it, there are many settings and stuff like that integrated into windows that make it impossible to entirely remove. So, even though you uninstalled it, the bad settings were left behind, so that when you reinstalled it, they would still be there.



Here is what I did to fix it, and hopefully it will work for you too..Close any open windows or running programs.right click on internet explorer and click to open "Properties". Click to select the far right tab, "Advanced". Click the button towards the bottom of the window that reads "Reset..."



After a few moments internet explorer should be returned to the manufacturers original state, and this should fix your problem. Good luck!



Cheers,



John

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan