Friday, November 27, 2009

Running Internet Explorer, how can I force a txt file to open in IE, but still open in Notepad norma

When I open a txt file downloaded from the Internet while I am in IE, it opens in NotePad. If I open the same file on another PC, it opens in IE, just displaying the text.



What determines how the file opens in IE? I've tried Folder Options, but that does not control it using IE 6 - Windows XP Professional.



Running Internet Explorer, how can I force a txt file to open in IE, but still open in Notepad normally?replacement windows





Right click on the file and click "open with", if IE isn't displayed in the window click "choose program" and click IE, this will force the document to open in IE.



Running Internet Explorer, how can I force a txt file to open in IE, but still open in Notepad normally?windows mail internet explorer



Using your file explorer go to Tools -%26gt; Folder Options -%26gt; File Types tab -%26gt; scroll down to .TXT and set the association to open with IE instead of Notepad; it will auto open by default in IE but can always be seen in notepad as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan