Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Using Javascript can I get an IE page to access two or more cookies from different places at the sam

I've been working with cookies on PDA's using Pocket Internet Explorer. Using Javascript, I am able to set a cookie with data then hit an ASP page where the ASP will read the cookie and insert the data as needed into a SQL table I use. But what I need to do is be able to set more than one different cookies in different places but have one IE page read the cookies to pre-display my information before i send it to a SQL table.



Is it possible to read 2 or more cookies on one page at the same time? If so, what are some examples of Javascript that can do this function?



Using Javascript can I get an IE page to access two or more cookies from different places at the same time?windows firewall





I'm not entirely sure what you are asking.



Basically, a Web server cannot read a cookie it did not send, and it cannot read a cookie that was sent to a different client (e.g., it can't read a cookie sent to Firefox if the client then uses IE).



A Web server can, as previously mentioned, send cookies with distinct names. But again, it can't read cookies sent by a different Web server or to a different Web browser.



Using Javascript can I get an IE page to access two or more cookies from different places at the same time?microsoft frontpage internet explorer



Cookies go by name. I always used the public getCookie(), setCookie(), deleteCookie(); That is, if I didn't automate the naming, I could get lost.



Below link should help you. Lots of examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan