Friday, November 20, 2009

Are there many roads to God ie Islam, Christiany, Judasim?

I feel there has to many roads to God as there are good Muslims, Christians and Jews. What if religions are just interpreted to suit the 'culture' of a society but have the same meaning. When I mean culture I mean laws etc.



I was thinking why do freemason's have people from every major religion in their lodges ie they have the Quaran in their lodges. What if they possess some sort of knowledge.



Are there many roads to God ie Islam, Christiany, Judasim?windows themes





Do you need Me?



I am there.



You cannot see Me, yet I am the light you see by.



You cannot hear Me, yet I speak through your voice.



You cannot feel Me, yet I am the power at work in your hands.



I am at work, though you do not understand My ways.



I am at work, though you do not recognize My works.



I am not strange visions. I am not mysteries.



Only in absolute stillness, beyond self, can you know Me as I am, and then but as a feeling and a faith.



Yet I am there. Yet I hear. Yet I answer.



When you need Me, I am there.



Even if you deny Me, I am there.



Even when you feel most alone, I am there.



Even in your fears, I am there.



Even in your pain, I am there.



I am there when you pray and when you do not pray.



I am in you, and you are in Me.



Only in your mind can you feel separate from Me, for only in your mind are the mists of “yours” and “mine.”



Yet only with your mind can you know Me and experience Me.



Empty your heart of empty fears.



When you get yourself out of the way, I am there.



You can of yourself do nothing, but I can do all.



And I am in all.



Though you may not see the good, good is there, for I am there.



I am there because I have to be, because I am.



Only in Me does the world have meaning; only out of Me does the world take form; only because of Me does the world go forward.



I am the law on which the movement of the stars and the growth of living cells are founded.



I am the love that is the law’s fulfilling. I am assurance. I am peace. I am oneness. I am the law that you can live by. I am the love that you can cling to. I am your assurance. I am your peace. I am one with you. I am.



Though you fail to find Me, I do not fail you.



Though your faith in Me is unsure, My faith in you never wavers, because I know you, because I love you.



Beloved, I am there.



Are there many roads to God ie Islam, Christiany, Judasim?internet explorer 7 internet explorer



Since Islam, Christianity, and Judaism all originated with the same God, I'd say ask Him what He thinks. He said that Jesus is the only way to the Father. I'm gonna go with that because I figure He wouldn't lie to us.
all religions lead to the same place.



Delusional thinking
this sparks enormous fires you know. no I don't believe there are many ways to God. besides, all three mentioned religions are cross-cultural. besides, you'd be calling us all liars, misguided, or you'd be nullifying truth by saying we're all correct even though we think opposingly.
No. How in the world can there be?
Yea...God's like Sybil....he wants to have many personalities so that people can fight over disputes about which personality is real....



BRILLIANT!!!
Jesus says that He is THE way, THE truth and THE light and that NO ONE can come through the Father, except through Him.



That doesn't leave much room for "many roads." Either Jesus is the son of God, or He is a lunatic. There is no in between.
There can't be many roads to God, because the pathways cause people to kill one another. Each of the beliefs you listed claim that the other is decieved by the devil and the followers there are hellbound.



Kinda difficult for all of them to be correct.



Free masons do have people from different religions in the lodge. They do possess some knowledge, because most of them are older. In reality they are a close knit group of old drinking buddies, that is the sad and unglamourous mysterious truth.
There is only One Way.... The Way God prescribes... I did not find The Way untill I was 53 and I have been headed in the right way for 7yrs now... I know with absolute certinty that I am on the right path.... I did not learn this from any book or man... I got my directions directly from God... so I know they are correct...... no "religion" will bring anyone to God.
Most souls cross over and no religion has anything to do with it.
Freemasons (just to clear this up) don't HAVE to believe in God, just in some Higher Power/Being. You don't have to be of the Abrahamic religions to be a Mason, either. And SURELY, a group that has been around as long as the Vatican has knowledge that others don't.



However, you need to ask yourself if knowledge is the same thing as wisdom.



I personally feel that there are as many roads to God(s)/dess(es)/Higher Power/Spirit/The Force/etc, as there are people in the world. While my husband and I both consider ourselves Spiritually Agnostic, this means different things to the both of us, even though our ideas on what it means is VERY similar. People who have similar ideas come together and create a Religion. But they do NOT all agree on the same things, though many times people will go along with the crowd to avoid being shunted out of the group.



I do not have that fear. If you do not agree with me and want to shunt me out of your group, I will get on with my life and find some other group to talk with.



Remember: Only a Sith deals in absolutes. *grin*
Jesus said "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Many think this is exclusionist but it's not since Jesus accepts everyone and doesn't exclude any. For all those religions who say "well we think Jesus was a great teacher or prophet but not God." they need to answer how they reconcile that with the fact that Christ told us that He is God. So how could He be a great teacher or prophet if He lied? If He didn't lie then He is God. And He is also the only way since there is only one God. So He was either a liar, a lunatic or The Lord. Lots of other religions mention Him, either they believe Him or they don't. Personally I do. God Bless.
Are there many roads to Florida?



Yes, there are. If Florida was your destination, even if you are on one of the roads that go there, but heading AWAY from Florida, you're not going to get there no matter how sincere you are. You're only getting yourself lost because you were sincerely wrong.



God loves you and so do I.
I agree there has to be many roads to God. The thought of One God/One Way has caused incalculable bloodshed, in the name of this God. If thats how "loving" he is, I want no part. Look in nature, it will show you how you personally can reach divine.
Jesus Christ is the only way to God. Any who do not accept Him as their Lord and Savior will not have eternal life with God.
To one of the earlier replies-if you consider Islam, Christianity and Judaism to be all valid religions leading to the same God, then you state that the acceptance of christ is the key-so christianity is the best-tell me something-chronologically-Islam came last and is said to have reformed the earlier scriptures which were corrupted by man-including the idea of trinity-which was created by Paul and only became doctrine after Nicea. In which case-it clearly exposes Christian theology to be meddled with by men. So islam claims to have reformed these past mistakes by correcting the theology of approaching and percieving God (in his true oneness and without ascribing partners to him or by ascribing sons to him and maintaining his divinity as seperate from any human defects)
All gods are fictional, therefore there are no 'roads' leading to any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan